The housing market can fluctuate based on a variety of reasons including the weather, the economy or who is actually interested in making a purchase at the time.
According to the 2015 National Association of Realtors Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends study (NAR), there are major differences between generational home buyers.
The survey stated Millennials (aged 34 and younger) make up 32 percent of all home buyers, the largest pool of home buyer applicants. Many of these buyers believe that purchasing a home is a good financial investment. 39 percent of those surveyed also stated that the desire to buy their own home was a number one reason to venture into the home market.
Other characteristics of current home buyers according to NAR include:
- 33 percent of recent home buyers were first-time home owners.
- 92 percent of buyers used the internet in some form to search for a home, and 50 percent used a mobile website or application.
- The typical home buyer searched for 10 weeks and viewed 10 homes before making a purchase.
Connecting with potential home buyers is an essential part of the home buying process. Implement these four tips into your next selling experience:
- Be friendly, knowledgeable and assertive.
- Build a strong online presence with a website, social media outreach and email updates.
- Understand what your client wants and explore other potential opportunities he or she may not have thought of.
- Work the open house opportunities. Network with home buyers and leave your contact information with them.
Before selling a house to a client, ensure it has had a thorough home inspection. Contact an Alban home inspector contractor for an inspection that includes heating and insulation systems, electrical systems and building exteriors. Check out our website or call 1-800-822-7200 for more information.