Could leaky windows and the gaps underneath your exterior doors be costing you money every time you turn on the heat or air conditioning? Are you preparing to purchase your dream home but not sure if it will be as efficient as you are hoping it will be? One of the best ways to ensure that your home is energy efficient and not costing you money is through a home energy audit in Frederick County, MD. Alban Inspections can help ensure that you are able to make informed decisions and take action to make your home even more comfortable.
What Is a Home Energy Audit in Frederick County, MD?
Energy audits work by finding energy inefficiencies in your home through the help of an experienced home energy auditor. At Alban Inspections, all of our inspectors are nationally certified through the American Society of Home Inspectors and the Building Performance Institute. Even if you are interested in purchasing a brand new home, there might still be problems that lead to high energy bills. A home energy audit in Frederick County, MD will take a look at any issues and also look at things that the home does well, like energy efficiency features.
During our inspection, we will thoroughly examine the interior and exterior of your home and check over things like:
- Heating and cooling systems
- Current energy costs
- Attic insulation
- Gaps under windows and doors
- Building tightness
- Air leakage
- And more!
At the end of your home energy audit in Frederick County, MD, we will give you results that give you a detailed, thorough idea of how your home uses and loses energy.
Why Are Energy Audits Important?
There are many different reasons why energy audits are a good idea. Some of the benefits of energy audits include:
- The cost of heating and cooling homes is rising every year. If you don’t make your home more energy efficient, the amount of money that you spend on heating and cooling will continue to rise every year.
- Old homes were not designed with keeping energy costs low in mind, particularly because many of them were built before in-home air conditioning was common! If you are living in or interested in purchasing an older home, a home energy audit in Frederick County, MD can pinpoint issues and help you determine what your next steps should be.
- Beyond energy issues, an energy audit can also uncover issues that lead to poor indoor air quality. The quality of the air that you breathe in every day matters, and you won’t know how to fix the problem until you know what the problem is.
- If you aren’t sure whether or not you are doing a good job at responsibly using energy, a home energy audit in Frederick County, MD can help give you a better idea. Most homeowners don’t realize the amount of energy that they waste each month, and a home energy audit will give you a close look at where your weak spots are and ideas to strengthen them.
Where Can I Get a Home Energy Audit in Frederick County, MD?
Alban Inspections is a trusted provider of energy audits and home inspections throughout Frederick County. We take pride in being both thorough and careful, and we want every one of our clients to feel confident making decisions about their home or the home they are considering moving into. A home energy audit in Frederick County, MD gives you knowledge about the property that was inspected and a prioritized list of suggested improvements so that you can gradually invest in changes.
How Can I Schedule a Home Energy Audit in Frederick County, MD?
Call Alban Inspections today at 301-304-6059 to schedule an appointment for a home inspection. We have flexible scheduling and always show up on time to your appointment. We serve homeowners throughout Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania and can also complete radon testing, mold testing, water and septic system testing, lead-based paint inspections, commercial inspections and consultations. We are ready to help you feel confident purchasing your new home or property.